2/26/2008

We're # 1

After a rough 2 game weekend, we received the #1 seed in the conference tournament. Well we finally showed some heart. I've found out it takes a lot of work to get a group of young men from different places, races and backgrounds to work together. When that group is pushed and prepared they can will themselves to success when they face both, internal and external challenges. I've waited all year for this, for the time we grind it out and continue playing together. We didn't have it in the 2ND go round with Ferrum, but we found it this weekend. It's nice to be successful your first time coaching on the collegiate level. We're 8-4 and the great thing about it is we still have a long ways to go. As a coach you always have room for improvement so your job never gets boring. I've learned that now is the time to work that much harder, because one loss in the conference tournament and your done. As a coach you want success but you have to take it a day at a time. A coach can't let up, everyone has to be focused, he has to motivate and manage himself and the team. I truly believe the things I've experienced here will stay with me the rest of my life. Right now I'm doing a lot of job searching and coaching is one niche I know I can get into.

No comments: